When you file a bankruptcy, you’ll need to visit the bankruptcy court. You may choose to file your bankruptcy in person with the clerk. You may also need to go to the court for hearings with creditors and the bankruptcy trustee.
If you’re filing with the help of an attorney, you may not have to go to the court in person. Your attorney will file your paperwork and may be able to handle any hearings without you being there. If you’re filing without an attorney, you do have the option of filing your case online. You’ll still need to attend any hearings in person.
So, where do you need to go?
Dayton is a part of the Southern District of Ohio. The court is located at:
120 W 3rd St #100
Dayton, OH 45402
The easiest way to get to the bankruptcy court is to drive. You can find paid public parking at:
- Parking Management at 126 E 2nd St.
- First St. Garage at 23 W First St.
There are also a number of public transportation options:
- Take the 08, 19, 65, 66A, or 66B bus to W 4th St. at Wilkinson
- Take the 01, 02, 04, 08, 18, or 41 bus to W 4th St. at Ludlow
- Take the 09, 14, or X5 bus to N Perry St. at W 2nd St.